View topic - Subscribe / Unsubscribe to Forum Posts

Subscribe / Unsubscribe to Forum Posts

General Forum for Discussing All Things Albacore

Subscribe / Unsubscribe to Forum Posts

Postby albacore » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:14 pm

The forum software was updated 11 Nov 2013. It looks like the update fixed a problem with email notifications of new posts (subscriptions). However, there were no posts to the forum for a very long time until very recently.

After logging into the forum, there are three ways that users can stop the emails:

1. Each email, in order to comply with CAN-SPAM legislation, contains an unsubscribe link.
2. At the bottom of each forum or topic, there is a subscribe or unsubscribe link.
3. Each user has a User Control Panel > My Subscriptions tab that lists the forums and topics that they are subscribed to. They can mark and unwatch the items.

A number of users did one of the above steps successfully. However a number of users created posts that each generated more emails that further infuriated more users.

As a result, all the forum and topic subscriptions back to none; your User Control Panel > My Subscriptions will reflect this. Each user will need to go back to the forum or topic that they are interested in a subscribe.

I believe that this should fix the problem. If the problem still exists, send an email to webmaster@usaa.albacore.org and we will help you out immediately.
albacore
Lubber

Return to General Discussion