View topic - Boat Registry Mystification

Boat Registry Mystification

General Forum for Discussing All Things Albacore

Boat Registry Mystification

Postby James Green » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:53 am

Hi,

I recently (within the last two weeks) acquired a free, but badly treated sailboat which turned out to be an Albacore built by the Newport Boat Co. out of Gloucester, Virginia. The Serial No. is NPT5950A0375 with a sail number AL5950. I was very happy to discover that these boats are alive and well, that there are active resources available and have been exploring this site as well as the IAA site. Unfortunately, I can't access some parts of the site even though I have become a paid member of the USAA and have received an email verifying my membership as active.

The most important part for me at this time is being denied access to the "Create New Boat" link on the "Identify your boat" page. Can anyone tell me how to register my boat properly? Also, is there some reason the photo gallery page is not working? I keep getting a "Page not found" message when I click on an album.

Any suggestions as to what I'm not doing properly?
James Green
Lubber

Re: Boat Registry Mystification

Postby henry » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:05 pm

I think that the registry is not yet fully functional.
Stay tuned - there should be some repairs going on behind the scenes.
Henry____
CAN 7700: Baldrick's Cunning Plan
CAN 7707
henry

Postby James Green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 pm

henry wrote:I think that the registry is not yet fully functional.
Stay tuned - there should be some repairs going on behind the scenes.

Thank you for the info.
James Green
Lubber

Postby bimblers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 am

Hi, I'm also also unable to edit the registry to add my boat, so I'm wondering if there is any update on the solution? I've posted in the issues log and I can see that the issue is flagged as 'critical', but I'm wondering if the problem is with the individual profile of a few people or if it's a generic problem?
bimblers
Lubber

Postby terra marique » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 am

I tried several times to add my boat to the registry but I can't manage it either.
[BINARY BLOB DATA]
terra marique

Postby fathom » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I was able to register my Skene Albacore on the old system, but when they migrated to the current one, the registration was lost and there has been no way to add it in again. This has been the case fro quite some time now. I have been hoping they will get it up and running again.
fathom
Lubber

Postby terra marique » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Please could someone tell me if the boat registry is operational. I would like to add my boat. It was listed in the old registry, but did not survive the revamp and now I am completely baffled about how the new version should work. Thanks to whoever started the project.
[BINARY BLOB DATA]
terra marique

Postby terra marique » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:52 pm

P.S. to my recent post ; I have been a fully paid-up member for at least 6 years, so accessibility should not be a problem in that respect.
[BINARY BLOB DATA]
terra marique

Return to General Discussion