View topic - Accessing members only information

Accessing members only information

General Forum for Discussing All Things Albacore

Postby flint » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:43 am

Hi,
I have recently purchased an old JDYoung wooden Albacore in need of a lot of work, after which I plan to race it.
I understand that it may be possible to gain access to NAA members only info. (to get an idea on setting up, tuninig, repairing etc) if I join the UK Albacore association.
Is this correct and how does it work.
Thanks and kind regards,
flint

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:50 am

You can access the protected areas of the site by becoming a member of NAA, CAA or USAA. It is best to join the association in your home country.

You also need to create a forum account (which it looks as if you have done since you posted the message above). Once joined, the class membership secretary (of the country in which you join) can authorize your forum account to have full access to this site. This is handled through a series of automated e-mails and takes about a day, if the secretary is checking e-mail promptly.

I'll ask one of the webmasters to provide a bit more detail of the process below.

Look forward to your joining, and be sure to add your boat and it's history to the International Albacore Registry.

www.albacore.org/registry

Cheers,Peter Duncan38639.2034722222

Postby Rob7964 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:40 am

Hi Flint,

In order to access the members-only section of the website, you will need to first join your national association. You will also need to create a login to this forum (which you have obviously already done).

Once you have registered with your national association, go to http://www.albacore.org/USA/members/associate.asp and log in with your forum login. You will be asked to identify which association you belong to, and then asked a series of questions used to identify you to the class membership coordinators. Depending on whether we have your information online or whether we have to contact the class secretary, it could take us up to a couple days to confirm your status. If we can't provide instant access to the articles for you, we will send you an email when your account is ready.

thanks,
Rob
Rob7964
Crew Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 5:01 am

I think the posts above address your questions and comments.

superl8 wrote: I've tried to view the tech articles linked here and I'm always denied access due to some sort of cryptic registration procedure. If I'm a posting member of this board how am I not able to view these articles... Is my Web browser loosing, maybe eating cookies? Is it a seperate membership.

Sorry this post isn't really relevant to the thread but I am interested in sorting out my rigging for my vang and cunningham.

ed_cruwys wrote:
superl8 wrote: I'm always denied access due to some sort of cryptic registration procedure.

some content is reserved for Association paid up members only rather than site registrants. There are some articles for this on the UK site which arent restricted

click here

As a paid up UK Association member is it possible to have access to the US articles?
Peter Duncan38860.1720138889

Postby ed_cruwys » Tue May 23, 2006 6:43 am

thank you Peter
ed_cruwys

Postby superl8 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:33 pm

Thanks for the excellent UK site link.
superl8

Re: Accessing members only information

Postby BobW » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:06 am

As a (new) member of the CAA I would be very interested in accessing the USAA members' restricted articles.

Unfortunately the link http://www.albacore.org/USA/members/associate.asp cited above gives me a "404 - Not Found" message.

If these articles should still be open to members of other Albacore Associations, perhaps there is a new procedure to be followed?

I do note that the message I see when trying to access "Jib Halyard Cascade Diagram", for example, states very definitely "for USAA members only" so maybe things have changed?

Incidentally, before joining the CAA, I did wonder whether I would be better off trying to join the USAA (so I could access those articles, primarily) but as I expect to be sailing only in Canada, it didn't seem right somehow!

All the best,
Bob
BobW
Crew Member

Postby townsend » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 am

Everything in the "Members only" section is supposed to be available to anyone in the USAA, CAA, or NAA (UK assn.) But sometimes the website doesn't work as planned and there are dead links.

Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.

Can you get to this page? http://usaa.albacore.org/node/63

That's the jib halyard cascade diagram. If you can't see it there's a back-end process between the CAA and the website that needs to happen for you to be "registered". Talk to your class Secretary or PM the admin team here.
Paul Townsend - Albacore 6040 - Michigan Albacore Fleet
townsend

Postby BobW » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:54 am

No luck with the link - "Members only..."

I'll try contacting admin.

Thanks,
Bob
BobW
Crew Member

Return to General Discussion